Employee Travel Benefit Program
What is the Employee Travel Benefit Program?
Travel Counsellors, Inc. offers a unique benefit to employers through their Human Resource administrators. Our Employee Travel Benefit Program provides employees access to first class tours at bargain prices. Our clients offer this benefit to their employees in the same way they offer vacation time, insurance or any other standard benefit. The key to this benefit is that there is absolutely no cost to the employer. With a minimum of effort you can offer this unique benefit to your current employees and perhaps more importantly to prospective employees. Something as unique as a Travel Program can put your company way ahead of others in competition for quality personnel.
The Employee Travel Benefit Program is a wonderful opportunity for members to experience international travel at greatly discounted prices. Each year Travel Counsellors offers two international travel opportunities for staff, faculty, retirees and their families or guests of an Employee Travel Benefit participant.
Most of these trips are one week in length, though many times travelers may add-on additional days and locations through an optional extension that may be offered
The travel program is open to current staff, faculty, retirees and their families and guests. Volunteers and others who are affiliated with the organization are also eligible to participate.
What others are saying
- “I was first introduced to the Employee Travel Benefit Program when I traveled to Bermuda as a guest with a State Farm group. Once these affordable trips became available through UVA, my world of travel expanded. After Bermuda, Hawaii and several island cruises, I took my first European trip to Greece, five Greek isles and Turkey. I was “hooked” and enjoyed many more wonderful excursions thereafter to Spain, Africa, and Italy. TCI is a wonderful organization with vast knowledge and experience, and is tops for customer service. I wish that everyone would take the opportunity to join TCI on these travels.” –Linda Birckhead, Senior Director of Finance & Administration Office of the President University of Virginia
- “I want to take a minute to let you know what a great deal your Employee Benefit Travel Program is. I first became acquainted with it when I was with the University of Virginia. I am now at Norfolk State, but continue to travel with Travel Counsellors on UVA tours as “alums”. I would like to see this program incorporated into the benefits packages of all of the universities. It is definitely a benefit to everyone.” –Patrick Kelly, General Counsel at Norfolk State University
- “I’ve loved the trips…everything has been fabulous, interesting and very well organized.” –Debbie Hiatt, UVA Health Systems
Participating Companies (Offered trips are listed below)
- American Home Care
- Augusta Health
- Christopher Newport University
- The College of William and Mary
- James Madison University
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Norfolk State University
- North Carolina State University
- Old Dominion University
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UVA
- Richard Bland College
- Rockingham Memorial Hospital
- Sentara Healthcare
- TCI Cooperative Group
- Valley Health Employees Activities Committee
- VCU Health System
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Community College System
- Virginia Farm Bureau